The principles of consumer law & understanding home improvement complaints course
What will it cover?
This one day City & Guilds Accredited course is designed to equip delegates with all the information necessary to ensure that they are confident in their understanding of consumer legislation, and to aid them in their understanding of the issues surrounding home improvement complaints.
The course draws from the experience of The Furniture Ombudsman in handling thousands of home improvement complaints and disputes (ADR).
The legal definition of a contract
- A study of the various elements that make up a contract, and how this affects your day to day business.
- A look at the rights and responsibilities that arise from consumer legislation.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015
- A study of the main elements of this act and how they relate to day to day transactions.
Consumers’ entitlements with regard to remedies
- A discussion about what the consumer is likely to be entitled to, as opposed to a retailer’s policy with regard to “goodwill”.
Consumer Expectations vs. Consumer Entitlement
- A discussion as to what the consumer may be looking for when entering into a home improvement contract, i.e. adding value to their home, lifestyle enhancement, etc.
What the consumer can actually expect to receive
- A look at what the law states and how it can be applied to home improvement contracts.
Common Home Improvement Complaints
- Delay & Inconvenience; loss of facilities; pricing of goods/services; damage to property; quality of fitting; design issues; supply only contract issues etc: Do you know how best to deal with these complaints or even if you should?
Validity of Complaints and Potential Remedies
- A study of how to identify whether such complaints are justified and a look at how to deal with such complaints quickly and cost effectively.
- Case studies from The Furniture Ombudsman
This course is delivered partly as a workshop and partly in lecture format using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who deals with consumers
- Customer services staff
- Customer Service Managers
- Store Managers
- Team leaders or Supervisors
This course can be delivered in-house and tailored to suit your specific needs. We also offer a range of other training courses throughout the year for both members and non-members.
To discuss your requirements in more details please call 0333 241 3209, or e-mail email@example.com