Principles of Consumer Law & understanding upholstery complaints course
What will it cover?
This one day City & Guilds Accredited course is designed to equip delegates with all the information necessary to ensure that they are confident in their understanding of consumer legislation, and to aid them in their understanding of the issues surrounding upholstery complaints. The course draws from the experience of The Furniture Ombudsman in handling thousands of upholstery complaints and disputes.
The legal definition of a contract
- A study of the various elements that make up a contract, and how this affects your day to day business.
- A look at the rights and responsibilities that arise from consumer legislation.
Turning around a customer’s dissatisfaction and complaints
- A study of the main elements of these acts and how they relate to day to day transactions.
Consumers’ entitlements with regard to remedies
- A discussion about what the consumer is likely to be entitled to, as opposed to a retailer’s policy with regard to “goodwill”.
Common upholstery complaints
- Dye transfer, shading, cushion compression, scarring, puddling, etc. Do you know how best to deal with these complaints or even if you should?
Identifying common complaints
- Identifying the common causes for upholstery complaints can help prevent these arising in the first place. Where they do arise sound general product knowledge can help to alleviate such complaints.
Validity of complaints and potential remedies
- A study of how to identify whether complaints are justified and a look at how to deal with them quickly and cost effectively.
- Issues of consumer expectation, the relevance of British Standards to specific complaints will be discussed, and examples from our extensive archives will be used as appropriate.
- Case studies from The Furniture Ombudsman
This course is delivered partly as a workshop and partly in lecture format using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who deals with consumers
- Customer services staff
- Customer Service Managers
- Store Managers
- Team leaders or Supervisors
This course can be delivered in-house and tailored to suit your specific needs. We also offer a range of other training courses throughout the year for both members and non-members.
To discuss your requirements in more details please contact us, call 0333 241 3209, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org