This course will provide delegates with the principles of consumer legislation and the information they need to understand issues surrounding vulnerable complainants.
The course draws from the experience of The Furniture Ombudsman in handling consumer disputes for 25 years.
What will it cover?
- Understanding vulnerability
- Legal considerations arising out of the legislation and practical implications of these for your business and the customers you supply.
The legal definition of a contract
- A study of the various elements that make up a contract, and how this affects your day to day business
- The implications of selling to consumers in their own homes
- A look at the rights and responsibilities that arise from consumer legislation, including the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2012 (distance selling).
Turning around a customer’s dissatisfaction and complaint
- A study of the main elements of these acts and how they relate to day to day transactions, with particular reference to consumers who may be more likely to be vulnerable.
Consumers’ entitlements with regard to remedies
- A discussion about what the consumer is likely to be entitled to, as opposed to a trader’s policy with regard to “goodwill”.
Validity of complaints and potential remedies
- A study of how to identify whether complaints are justified and a look at how to deal with them fairly, time and cost effectively.
Case studies from The Furniture Ombudsman, including:
- issues arising out of whether goods are fit for a particular purpose;
- what constitutes “bespoke” for the purposes of the exemption from cancellation under the distance selling regime;
- When your business has to make reasonable adjustments
- Data protection considerations
This course is delivered partly as a workshop and partly in lecture format using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who deals with consumers
- Customer services staff
- Customer Service Managers
- Store Managers
- Team leaders or Supervisors
This course can be delivered in-house and tailored to suit your specific needs.
£150 + VAT Members
£250 + VAT Non Members
£200 + VAT for Bed Federation Members
£200 + VAT for AMUSF Members
22 June 2017
To discuss your requirements in more details please call 0333 241 3209, or e-mail email@example.com