A representative of The Furniture Ombudsman is one of five members newly elected to the Ombudsman Association’s Executive Committee at the Annual Meeting on 14 May 2015 to serve alongside the current members.
Kevin Grix, the Chief Executive and Chief Ombudsman at The Furniture Ombudsman, Jane Martin, the Local Government Ombudsman, and, Peter Tyndall, the Ombudsman and Information Commissioner for Ireland, were elected to represent Ombudsman Members.
Kevin Grix said:
“The Ombudsman Association is the pre-eminent body within the ADR landscape. Through its strict membership criteria, it helps to guard the interests of the ombudsman and complaint handling profession which helps to keep standards and integrity high. Its position is well regarded by government and I am delighted to have been appointed to its Executive, where I shall lend all of my support to further the aims of the organisation.”
Lewis Shand Smith, the Chief Ombudsman of Ombudsman Services and the current Chair of the Association, said:
“I’m delighted to welcome Jane and Peter back to the Executive Committee and look forward to working with Nick, Kevin and Michael in delivering the Association’s aims.”
1. The objects of the Ombudsman Association are to:
a) Support and promote an effective system of complaint handling and redress in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Britain’s Crown Dependencies and Britain’s Overseas Territories.
b) Encourage, develop and protect the role of ombudsmen in both the public and private sectors as the ‘best practice’ model for resolving complaints, according recognition through membership.
c) Provide an authoritative voice and promote best practice and policy for those involved in complaint handling and redress to ensure an effective service for the public.
d) Support open and transparent accountability and endorse principles of good complaint handling.
2. The Executive Committee of the Ombudsman Association consists of the Chair, the Vice-Chair, the Director, six other representatives of Ombudsman members and three representatives of Complaint Handler and Associate Members.
3. The Executive Committee meets five times a year and is responsible for the conduct of the business of the Association.
4. All those elected will serve a two-year term to May 2017.
5. For more information please contact Donal Galligan, the Secretary of the Ombudsman Association on 020 8642 6143 or email email@example.com