Consumer Law & Complaint Management Accredited Course (C&G)
What will it cover?
This 2 day training programme is fully certified by City & Guilds and we’re convinced the outcome for delegates will be a significant reduction in the cost and number of customer complaints and an improvement in customer service.
The Furniture Ombudsman has engaged with industry experts to create a state of the art training programme that is unique, innovative, engaging, educational and right for this time.
We’re really excited to be able to offer you this City & Guilds accredited 2 Day Training Programme!
Day 1 – Legalities
1. Introduction to Consumer Law
- Definition of Statutory Rights
- Consumer Legislation
- What makes a Contract?
- Limitation Act
2. Two Consumer Acts
- Sale of Goods Act 1979
- Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
3. Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Key Changes
- Bringing knowledge up to date
4. Managing Complaints
- Loss of facilities
- Pricing of goods / services
- Damage to property
- What to consider
- Pecuniary and non-pecuniary losses
- Making offers
Day 2 – Behavioural
1. Understanding Customer Strategies
- What is a complaint?
- Understanding what drives the ‘complaint’
- Exploring the four customer types
- How important is it for you to win?
- Presenting an ‘illusion of choice’
- The importance of ‘Rehearsal’ and alternatives
3. The importance of Language
- How we process information and the use of words
- Words that can be unhelpful
- How to say “No” without using the word
- Why would I trust you?
- Checking for agreement
Who is this programme suitable for?
Anyone working in retail or installations that deals with customer complaints, either face to face, through written correspondence or by telephone.
There is no length of service or eligible experience required. Our facilitators are experienced professionals.
If you have any special learning requirements please contact The Furniture Ombudsman so we can assess your requirements and accommodate you.
Features and Benefits
- City & Guilds accredited learning with measurable outcomes.
- Written module guides providing delegates with sustainable knowledge to take away.
- Professionally delivered by experienced trainers in an engaging and interactive way.
- Helping delegates to understand the legal and behavioural elements required to reduce the volume and cost of complaints.
- Successful delegates will receive a City & Guilds accreditation.
City & Guilds Accredited Training
“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails”
– William Arthur Ward
This course can be delivered in-house and tailored to suit your specific needs. We also offer a range of other training courses throughout the year for both members and non-members.
To discuss your requirements in more details please call 0333 241 3209, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org